недеља, 9. јун 2013.

My life as I know it.

the-winchester-initiative: shinysherlock: pickled-johnlock: what do you say when someone asks...

the-winchester-initiative:

shinysherlock:

pickled-johnlock:

what do you say when someone asks what you're doing and you're reading homosexual fanfiction based off of a book written 150 years ago

Tell them you're reading a transformative work based on late Victorian literature that questions traditional views of gender and sexuality.

That was fucking beautiful

I basically have none of my tax refund now since the auto debit from the fed loans (which I thought was in deferment until July, giving me some time to apply for an income based plan) dropped me into the red by about 300 dollars

genderbitch:

With the fact that last week I only got 10 hours, I may even be hard pressed to make rent this month with the other loans payment going through soon.

If you guys could send any help donations wise or signal boost this, my donation button is on my profile and here.

Thank you so much.

gayisnotasynonymforjalex: remember the day fall out boy came off hiatus and it didn't matter what...

gayisnotasynonymforjalex:

remember the day fall out boy came off hiatus and it didn't matter what fandom you were in you still saw fob everywhere

nerdycurvyboundandflirty: variticlaia: Let's go back to...



nerdycurvyboundandflirty:

variticlaia:

Let's go back to 1945…

Let's not… Let's play a game called "Context Matters!"

That picture on the left, so iconic and romantic?  Yeah, that's a sexual assault right there.  That man was a stranger, a strong stranger who grabbed a random woman on the street, and "kissed" her.  In her words:

Suddenly, I was grabbed by a sailor. It wasn't that much of a kiss… "I felt that he was very strong. He was just holding me tight. I'm not sure about the kiss…it was just somebody celebrating. It wasn't a romantic event.

That picture on the right, the one that looks like a man holding a woman down in the mists of a riot, her clothes disheveled as he kissed her hard?  That man is her boyfriend.  He's comforting her.  Her real attackers are the police.  An eyewitness stated:

The girl who was knocked over landed head first on the pavement with her boyfriend landing partially on top of her. She was in visible pain, crying, but the two officers gave them a parting shove and moved on.

The left picture: an icon of sexism, male privilege, and female objectification.

The right: real love in the face of brutal state force.

deanwinchesterwantsthecass: kunaiyouki: yeeitsanne: Today the...



deanwinchesterwantsthecass:

kunaiyouki:

yeeitsanne:

Today the absolutely best thing happened. My friend, who was in a coma for almost 11 months, woke up. I was in the middle of my exam when I got the voice mail "Tamara, come to the hospital, it's really important." My mother was talking really weird so my first thought was the worst happened, but on the contrary - today is the best day of my life. I ran to the hospital and there she was, waiting for me. Wide awake. She started to react to her new medication and she simply woke up! I didn't know it would happen so fast. I still can't believe it. :) Here's a story I'd like to share. A few months ago I was reading her paper towns and on the part when Ben pees in a bottle she was kind of smiling. After that, reading paper towns became our thing, it was really nice to see her 'react' somehow. I read it probably 15-20 times and never got tired of it. The first thing she said to me today was "could you read me paper towns one last time please?" and that's when I knew that all of this time she could hear me. I'm still half sobbing but I'm so happy words can't explain. John is my favorite author since I can remember, but today he became even more dear to my heart. This book has a whole new meaning for me now. Thank you John!!! :)

This needs to be spread around so john green sees this.

JOHN YOU NEED TO SEE THIS THING

dias-blog: if u reblog this ill make a terrible ms paint drawing based off of your url

dias-blog:

if u reblog this ill make a terrible ms paint drawing based off of your url

fuckinadi: sadie—talks: infinitylooper: Something to think...



fuckinadi:

sadie—talks:

infinitylooper:

Something to think about:

The Earth is 4.6 billion years old. Let's scale that to 46 years.
We have been here for 4 hours. Our industrial revolution began 1 minute ago.
In that time, we have destroyed more than 50% of the world's forests.

This isn't sustainable.

Always reblog.

good-idea-poorly-executed: lostwiginity: Interesting. This is...



good-idea-poorly-executed:

lostwiginity:

Interesting.

This is actually really interesting.

lumos5000: abbi-black: carbonandpixiedust: "Nerds like us are...



lumos5000:

abbi-black:

carbonandpixiedust:

"Nerds like us are allowed to be unironically enthusiastic about stuff. Nerds are allowed to love stuff; like, jump-up-and-down-in-your-chair-can't-control-yourself-love-it. When people call people nerds, mostly what they're saying is "you like stuff," which is not a good insult at all. Like, "you are too enthusiastic about the miracle of human consciousness." - John Green in Circular Gallifreyan.

I planned on doing this months ago and finally took the time to do it. I'm pretty happy with it :) (Sorry about the time stamp. I don't have photoshop and don't know how to take it off..)

:')

WE NEED TO MAKE JOHN GREEN FIND THE THING!!!

endlesslyunamusing: panfans: Redheaded Club [x] :')













endlesslyunamusing:

panfans:

Redheaded Club [x]

:')

bowtieswere-nevercooler: I love this but where's the first...





















bowtieswere-nevercooler:

I love this but where's the first doctor? Is it cause it's the regeneration after him or?

gdxphoto: My sister sent me this and at first I thought "No...



gdxphoto:

My sister sent me this and at first I thought "No fucking way did Miley Cyrus try to cover Parton's Jolene". 

30 seconds in and it quickly changed to "holy fucking shit" 

Miley Cyrus - Jolene 

fabulouszombie: rosalarian: ryuuenx: Lady, if this was ever...



fabulouszombie:

rosalarian:

ryuuenx:

Lady, if this was ever put on a t-shirt I'd wear the shit out of it. Especially while trolling Sephora holding a slice in my hand. Because I'm the exact same way.

I did kind of make this with the intention of it being a t-shirt design since I need to design some shirts so… anyone want one? Let me know in some kind of note or message or email or whatever and I'll make it happen.

Edit: Also posters. I'm definitely making posters.

I need this in my life. (ノ> ◇ <)ノ♪

dammit jim: tardisactual: The Amelia Pond that should have been Disclaimer: TW for...

dammit jim: tardisactual: The Amelia Pond that should have been Disclaimer: TW for...:

tardisactual:

The Amelia Pond that should have been

Disclaimer: TW for depression/mental health. Also this isn't a Moffat positive or always a Rory positive post.


The gist of the matter is: The show did not do right by Amy Pond. What we started with was, like any other companion, a…

whimmy-bam: themaraudingdetective: grapefruitshampoo: THIS IS...



whimmy-bam:

themaraudingdetective:

grapefruitshampoo:

THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING AND BRILLIANT THING EVER

This is what happens when women write ad campaigns for other women *dies from the hotness*

image

cheerupsmelly: reblog if your url holds deep, spiritual meaning for you 

cheerupsmelly:

reblog if your url holds deep, spiritual meaning for you 

theartisticfool: heysawbones: A Proud Moment. I don't have a...



theartisticfool:

heysawbones:

A Proud Moment.

I don't have a degree in eating blocks of cream cheese, which sucks because I'm sure it would add a lot of value to my CV. (Instead, I have "lying, poorly". Does that count?). 

I did eat a block of cream cheese once, though. I remember it fondly, because it was one of the proudest moments of my life. This probably says a lot about me, though god only knows what.

I used to be part of a youth group, which is to say, yes, I was part of a church once. I was the "youth leader", which is the church's way of saying, "you are the only person in the youth group who doesn't roll your eyes at us, when we talk to you." What they did not know is that - aside from not actually being terribly religious - I had made the youth minister my sworn enemy.

He was a weird guy. Very young; not too bright, frankly. Had a goatee, because the law requires all youth ministers to have goatees. It's true. Look it up. He told us that Mormons owned Pepsi-Cola, and that The Gay Agenda created yaoi to recruit young men, the latter of which "fact" was really, really funny. A lot of the things he did were not so funny. Once, we went to a nursing home, where he decided to jump up and down in the elevator. He knew, of course, that I had an elevator phobia. I asked him to stop. He began sing-screaming, LONDON BRIDGE IS FALLING DOWN, FALLING DOWN, FALLING DOWN as he jumped. A chaperone asked him to stop, couldn't he see I was afraid? I backed into the corner and crouched there, clinging to the railing. That was the day he became more than just a moron. That was the day I decided I would make his youth-group life a hell.

Most of the time, all I had to do was ask real questions about the Bible, and then ask him questions about his answers, and so on and so forth until he ran out of excuses, or said something deeply embarrassing. One day, he was trying to explain why it was still totally okay for parents to stone their kids to death for disobeying. He was flustered; inarticulate. I pulled a room-temperature block of Philadelphia cream cheese. He watched me unwrap it as he rambled on. I took a bite. I locked eyes. I did not look away. I ate in silence. There was confusion written all over his features. His sentences tumbled apart into further incoherence, and faded away. He was afraid. 

I cherish that moment. 

I likely shouldn't find this account as utterly hilarious as I do.

thatisludicrous: nancaia: lagey: jekagonz: Wow crying...



thatisludicrous:

nancaia:

lagey:

jekagonz:

Wow crying okay

this is not okay

It's not okay, it's touching.

Holy crap that is insanely strong.

dying-is-a-gift-so-rest-in-peace: iwanttobe-deadwithmyfriends: ...



dying-is-a-gift-so-rest-in-peace:

iwanttobe-deadwithmyfriends:

untitledeverything:

blokefacce:

necrophilofthefuture:

ephemeral-end:

don't watch this if you're on your period. I am bawling

im crying so hard

ahhhh

godamnit.

I'm a dude and I thought this was absolutely adorable.

WHY AM I CRYING

doses-of-inspiration: samtsunami: lenorehoult: A THOUSAND...















doses-of-inspiration:

samtsunami:

lenorehoult:

A THOUSAND RE-BLOGS! probably one of the best anti-rape campaigns I have ever seen

I love this but I really hate how it shows that only men are capable of sexual assault and rape. Women are just as capable of verbally, sexually, and physically abusing their partner.

^^^

Нема коментара:

Постави коментар